Volunteers provide a huge amount of time, skills, and value to charities each year. Whilst some charities look for volunteers to add additional value or fill skill gaps, many rely on volunteers to execute the day-to-day running of activities. Investing in volunteers, their skills and your charity’s volunteer culture will be important in building a sustainable charity.
What’s inside this issue:
- Why investing in volunteers is key to charities’ success Charities Aid Foundation
- The power of stories: Campaign tips by Better Story
- Day to day volunteer management Trust Advice CIC
- Employers’ liability for charities Access Insurance Services
Around the web
- Why should trustees explain the difference that their charity makes?
- How can charities use annual trustee reports to better evidence their impact?
- Tips for running hybrid fundraising events